Best Student Paper Competition
- The first-place will receive HK$4,000.
- The second-place will receive HK$2,000.
- Each honorable mention will receive HK$500.
- First-Place Prize:
- Gar Goei Loke (National University of Singapore) for the paper titled "The Analytics of Bed Shortages: Coherent Metric, Prediction and Optimization"
- Second-Place Prize:
- Haihui Shen (City University of Hong Kong) for the paper titled "Ranking and Selection with Covariates for Personalized Decision Making"
- Honorable Mention:
- Jiayi Joey Yu (Tsinghua University) for the paper titled "Should On-Demand Ride Services be Regulated? An Analytical Evaluation of Chinese Government Policies"
- Jinzhi Bu (The Chinese University of Hong Kong) for the paper titled "Constant-Order Policies for Lost-Sales Inventory Models with Random Supply Functions: Asymptotics and Heuristic"
- Yifu Li (The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology) for the paper titled "Service Design under Acclimation and Non-homogeneous Memory Decay"
Eligibility Requirements and Author Guidelines
- Competition participants should be students. The paper should be led and presented by the student during the conference. Each participant is required to register the conference and submit only one entry for competition. Failure to register the conference may lose the eligibility of the competition.
- Paper topic must fit the conference's theme. The submitted paper should be written in English, and the presentation should be conducted in English as well.
- To participate in the competition, please submit an electronic form (in MS-Word or PDF format, and should not exceed 32 pages including the appendices) with paper/presentation title, author names, and the corresponding author's phone/fax number and e-mail the submission with subject "Best Student Paper Competition" to email@example.com on or before 6 November, 2017. The format of the papers should follow that of the manuscripts submitted for consideration by the Production and Operations Management which is available at http://www.poms.org/journal/author_instructions/.
- Submissions for student paper competition will be considered for conference presentation automatically (and hence please do not submit the same paper for conference presentation).
Award Selection Criteria
Each paper/presentation will be evaluated based on two criteria:
- Academic significance (originality, depth, completeness and work's potential impact on future research).
- Engineering or business relevance (importance of the problem and its impact on engineering or business practice).